Obstetrics and Gynecology focus on women's care during childbirth and pregnancy and on diagnosing and treating diseases within female reproductive organs. Likewise, it specializes in women's health issues, including infertility, birth control and contraception, hormone problems, and menopause.
You require the best OBGYN medical billing solutions to help you provide efficient medical care to your patients, and Outsourced Billing can help!
Complexities for Gynecology Medical Billing
Medical billing for OBGYN is often challenging for billers and coders because of global claims, multiple tests and various facilities, and varying coverage terms. Likewise, practitioners often lack the support that large hospitals have, which is where OBGYN medical billing companies come in.
Typical coding and billing errors that happen with OB/GYN billing include:
- Understanding all laparoscopic surgical procedures need diagnostic laparoscopy
- No clear understanding of what a medical necessity is or how to code it
- Improper documentation of services rendered and policies
- Pregnancy coverage split between outpatient and inpatient services
- Lack of understanding that insurance plans have pregnancy coverage as an amendment
- Overlooking separately billed services during a global period
Our Expertise in OBGYN Medical Billing and Coding
At Outsourced Billing, we have a client base extending through all 50 states, which covers hospitals and physician practices. Our OBGYN medical billing company has team members with knowledge and experience through working with gynecologists and obstetricians to improve their growth and revenue.
Our coders can handle HCPCS, CPT, and ICD-9/10 coding guidelines and are fully trained. In fact, our OB/GYN medical billing service covers these specialties:
- Pediatric/adolescent gynecology
- Menopausal or geriatric gynecology
- Family planning
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Gynecological Uro-gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Maternal-fetal medicine
Using Best Practices for OB/GYN Billing/Coding
At Outsourced Billing, we realize that OB/GYN providers face many challenges, including the sensitive nature of the specialty, ICD updates, and rapidly changing policy rules. However, our coders can choose appropriate medical billing codes for OBGYN from reports and real-life surgical cases.
Likewise, we work with you to prevent problems that could be caused by incorrect modifiers and educate your in-house OB/GYN billing specialist on ways to avoid them.
In fact, our OB/GYN billing experts can prevent claim denials and increase your number of reimbursements while dealing with revenue cycle management. We do that by focusing on a streamlined and efficient process that will decrease how much time you need to correctly bill for the services.
Our approach focuses on adhering to the OB/GYN billing and coding guidelines and best practices. However, we also employ modern technology to give you data-driven solutions that will help with patient care.
Benefits of Our Billing Service for OB GYN Medical Practice
We offer accuracy and finesse to our OBGYN medical billing service and create a flawless reimbursement process for patient billing.
In fact, our medical billing process adds value where other medical billing companies for OBGYN fail because we offer:
You can increase revenue and handle denial management effortlessly. Plus, we focus on consistent accounts receivable follow-ups and use prior authorization processes to avoid denials later.
Overall, our denial management team has a top priority of shifting focus to denial prevention from denial management. We strive to provide a friction-free process for payment posting, claim submissions, coding, and gynecology billing. We bring a group of specialists to the table who are:
- Familiar with various billing software options, such as NextGen, Medisoft, Misys, Medic, Lytec, Athena, Allscripts, eClinical Works, and more
- Certified coders receiving certification from the AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders)
- Trained in many coding software options, such as CodeLink, Flashcode, and EncoderPro
- Able to apply HCPCS and standard CPT procedure and supply codes or ICD-CM diagnosis coding per CMS guidelines
- Able to maintain a successful track record for processing medical bills with top commercial carriers, such as Blue Cross Group, HCSC, Humana, Aetna, WellPoint, and United Health
- Able to provide an uncompromised ability to successfully negotiate with state-specific Medicaid and Medicare policies for gynecology billing
Why Choose Us
When clients use our OB/GYN billing services, they often see a revenue improvement of about 30 percent and a reduction in denials by about 10 percent. We can do this because of our process rigor, expertise, technology, and trained gynecology billing team.
Contact Us for Gynecology Medical Billing Services!
Are you ready to experience the best in gynecology billing from a reputable company? Our OB/GYN billing services can help you achieve all of your goals.
If you're in the Obstetrics and Gynecology field and own a practice, you know how extremely important billing and coding are for your facility. With us at your side, you'll see increased revenue and an uninterrupted flow of reimbursements.
Request your free demo today by answering a few questions.